Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- That this manuscript is original, and has not been formally published (in a journal or book) previously, and is not currently under consideration by any other journal or book.
- That the authors have taken due care and attention to ensure the integrity of the research reported in this article, and that the contents of the article are – to the best knowledge of the authors – true and that the article does not misrepresent any facts.
- That all co-authors of this manuscript are aware of, and in agreement with, the terms of this agreement and that the submitted manuscript has been approved by these authors.
- That if the authors have any competing interests or other conflicts that may bias their article (e.g. financial support) that these are fully disclosed to the editors and within the article.
- Email addresses of all co-authors will be provided by the submitting author during the submission process.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format, and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- All figures are also uploaded separately in high-resolution as additional files (1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for colour). None of them exceeds 20MB.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines of this journal. Where available, DOIs or URLs to the references are provided.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms
- that this article contains no violation of any existing copyright or other third party right or any material of a libelous, confidential, or otherwise unlawful nature, and that I will indemnify and keep indemnified the Editor and THE PUBLISHER against all claims and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from any breach of this warranty and the other warranties on my behalf in this agreement;
- that I have obtained permission for and acknowledged the source of any illustrations, diagrams or other material included in the article of which I am not the copyright owner.
- on behalf of any co-authors, I agree to this work being published in Journal of Architecture and Urbanism as Open Access, and licenced under a Creative Commons Licence, 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode. This licence allows for the fullest distribution and re-use of the work for the benefit of scholarly information.
For authors that are not copyright owners in the work (for example government employees), please contact VILNIUS TECH to make alternative agreements.
Thank you for visiting Journal of Architecture and Urbanism website or registering a user account on the Journal of Architecture and Urbanism website.
The Journal of Architecture and Urbanism website is owned by Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VILNIUS TECH).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website as a registered user, your session cookie may also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access. Where any personal data is collected it is relevant to purpose and only absolutely necessary personal details are recorded.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Note that Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings via the “options” or “preferences” menu in your browser. Please note that if you set your browser to refuse or block all cookies, certain features or functionalities of our websites will be limited or unavailable to you.
Whilst using our website, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, etc.). We will use this information to administer the journal’s online publication processes and databases. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and as adopted into National Laws of the Lithuania.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data do we collect?
We normally collect the following personal data from individuals when they register as a user on the Journal of Architecture and Urbanism website:
- Name, Surname
- User account details (username)
- ORCID iD (as the link to researcher’s public profile on https://orcid.org/ )
Why is it being collected?
This data is collected in order to allow an individual to register as an author, reviewer or editor of the journal. This allows the individual to log in to the journal software and participate in the journal submission, review and/or editorial process (where applicable).
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
Journal of Architecture and Urbanism collects this data in two possible ways:
1.Via online forms on our website
When you complete the user registration form or enter your details in a text box. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
2.When you give us written or oral permission
You may give us written permission (e.g. via email) or oral (e.g. by telephone or in-person) for us to set up an account on your behalf.
Note. We could obtain the personal data (name, email, affiliation, country, ORCID iD) about individuals from Journal of Architecture and Urbanism archive issues, published in previous Journal of Architecture and Urbanism platform and transferred into new publishing platform.
How will the data be stored?
If you register as a user, your personal data will be stored on a database on our server. All your personal data will be accessible by VILNIUS TECH , who takes the security of this database seriously.
The Editors of Journal of Architecture and Urbanism have access to your email address, name and user ID via the website, to fulfil the Editorial role and manage the publication process (including, but not limited to: selecting reviewers; inviting submissions from registered authors; setting up user accounts on behalf of a reviewer or author where permission has been given).
A third party will have access to the database only where strictly necessary for website maintenance or development and only of the duration of the project. We take your privacy very seriously and actively take steps to ensure access is providing securely.
How will it be used?
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this online, open-access journal, and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
If you are a registered user, you will receive automated email notifications from the journal software about submission or review processes in which they are involved.
If you are a registered user who has actively opted for the reviewer role (an opt-in tick-box on the registration form), you may receive review requests by email from the Editorial team when an article has been submitted in your field of expertise.
Articles will be published with a correspondence address (email) for the corresponding author.
On rare occasions, the Editors may contact registered users who have not opted for the Reviewer role to invite them to register as a reviewer, if an article has been submitted in their field of expertise and no appropriate registered reviewer are available.
Any registered user may be emailed directly by journal production team, technical support team or Editors where necessary for providing access to their account or for completing the submission and publication process (e.g. if there are technical problems with the website).
Any registered user may be emailed directly by journal production team, technical support team or Editors on the basis of VILNIUS TECH ’s legitimate interest to improve the service provided (i.e. surveys and feedback) and to provide recognition for reviewer work (e.g. at the end of the year presenting acknowledgements for reviewers)
Corresponding Author Details
Articles will be published with a correspondence address (email) for the corresponding author.
VILNIUS TECH may contact any registered user before their data is deleted (see below) to provide them with the opportunity to renew consent and remain on the system.
How long do we keep your data for?
Personal information will only be retained for as long as is necessary and as permitted by applicable laws. The length of time for which we will retain your personal information will depend on the purposes for which we need to retain it. After we no longer need to retain your personal information, it will be deleted or securely destroyed.
Journal Editorials Office will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Journal of Architecture and Urbanism by contacting our Support team email@example.com. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting our Support team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us email@example.com.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.
Last updated: 2 September 2020